Bhrigu Lake is located at an elevation of around 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is located to the east of the Rohtang Pass and is around 14 kilometres from Gulaba village. The lake can be reached by trek from Gulaba village. The trek involves a moderate climb through green meadows to Rohlikohli campsite. From Rohilikohli it takes another 4 hours to reach Bhrigu. The lake is named after Maharishi Bhrigu, one of the seven great sages (Saptarshis). As per the myth, the rishi meditated here. Even after being at 4,200 meters, the lake never gets completely frozen.
||Professional Trek guide
|Rucksack – 60 liters
|Transportation and food to and from the base camp
|First day transportation
|Cost of Emergency
|Medical Certificate (signed by a registered MBBS doctor)
|NOC form (by trekker)
|Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar card/Driving License/Passport)
|Min Age: 14+
|Height : 4280 mt
|Batch Size : 30
|Level : Moderate
|Season : April-May-June
How to Reach Rumsu ?
By Bus/taxi: Take a bus headed towards Manali from Delhi/Chandigarh and get down at Patlikuahal stop(20 km before Manali) and take a taxi to Rumsu. Taxi charges are Rs 500-700 per vehicle (7 seater)
Free Pick Up facility is provided by Kailashrath Treks till 9 AM for Rumsu base camp at Patlikuhal.
Things To Carry in Bhrigu Lake Trek:
- Trekking shoes: Carry waterproof trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
- Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
- Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
- Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
- Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
- Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.</s pan><i
- Water proof hand gloves: Carry water proof gloves and avoid woollen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
- Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woollen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woollen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall.
- Lunch box and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a water bottle [insulated type recommended].
- Batch 01 : 9th May – 13th May – 30 seats left
- Batch 02 : 14th May – 18th May – 30 seats left
- Batch 03 : 19th May – 23rd May – 30 seats left
- Batch 04 : 24th May – 28th May – 30 seats left
- Batch 05 : 29th May – 2nd June – 30 seats left
- Batch 06 : 6th June – 10th June – 30 seats left
- Batch 07: 11th June – 15th June – 30 seats left
- Batch 08: 16th June – 20th June – 30 seats left
- Batch 09: 21st June – 25th July – 30 seats left
- Batch 10: 26th June – 30th June – 30 seats left
20 reviews for Bhrigu Lake Trek
There are no reviews yet.